Hyndburn & Pendle Holiday Activities & Food Programme (HAF)
FUNDA Holiday Camps & Childcare Proud To Support The Governments Hyndburn & Pendle Holiday Activities & Food Programme (HAF)...
Get Social With FUNDA - Please Share!
On 8 November 2020, the government announced that the holiday activities and food programme will be expanded across the whole of England in 2021. The programme has provided healthy food and enriching activities to disadvantaged children since 2018.
The programme will cover the Easter, summer and Christmas holidays in 2021.
We will make up to £220 million available to local authorities to coordinate free holiday provision, including healthy food and enriching activities. The programme will be available to children in every local authority in England.
School holidays can be particular pressure points for some families because of increased costs (such as food and childcare) and reduced incomes. For some children that can lead to a holiday experience gap, with children from disadvantaged families:
- less likely to access organised out-of-school activities
- more likely to experience ‘unhealthy holidays’ in terms of nutrition and physical health
- more likely to experience social isolation
Free holiday clubs are a response to this issue and evidence suggests that they can have a positive impact on children and young people and that they work best when they:
- provide consistent and easily accessible enrichment activities
- cover more than just breakfast or lunch
- involve children (and parents) in food preparation
Who Is The HAF Programme For?
This holiday provision is for children who receive benefits-related free school meals.
Local authorities are asked to ensure that the offer of free holiday club provision is available for all children eligible for and in receipt of free school meals in their area. This does not mean they are all required to attend as the provision is voluntary.
The free holiday club places must be targeted at children who are eligible for and receiving benefits-related free school meals.
We also encourage local authorities to make the holiday clubs available to any children not eligible for and in receipt of free school meals, who can pay to attend. This might be through operating:
- bespoke provision
- as part of already existing holiday provision in the area
- a mixed arrangement depending on the local supply and demand for provision
Local authorities must get written approval from us to use their funding to provide free or subsidised holiday club places for children who are not in receipt of benefits-related free school meals.
We’ll consider requests to use up to 15% of your programme funding to provide places for children who are considered by the local authority as vulnerable or in need of this provision. This may include, for example:
- children assessed as being in need
- looked-after children
- children with an EHC plan (education, health and care)
- children assessed as otherwise vulnerable
- children living in areas of high deprivation
Aims Of The Programme
As a result of this programme, we want children who attend this provision to:
- eat more healthily over the school holidays
- be more active during the school holidays
- take part in engaging and enriching activities which support the development of resilience, character and wellbeing along with their wider educational attainment
- be safe and not to be socially isolated
- have a greater knowledge of health and nutrition
- be more engaged with school and other local services
We also want to ensure that the families who participate in this programme:
- develop their understanding of nutrition and food budgeting
- are signposted towards other information and support, for example, health, employment and education
Our HAF Venues/ Locations:
FUNDA is working closely with government agencies, local authorities, partners and charities to support the coordination of the Holiday Activities & Food Programme 2021.
- Hyndburn - Accrington & Rossendale College
- Pendle - Marsden Heights College
Our FUNDA team have been working around the clock with our partners to make sure we can accommodate a set number of places at all the above venues to support the Governments Holiday Activity & Food Programme.
Thanks to all our partners for collaborating with FUNDA to EMPOWER, Reboot, Bounce Back & RECOVER children's lives across Lancashire. Making a positive difference to children's lives is what makes all our hearts sing.
Every child matters to FUNDA and we would like to thank the government and partners below for making FUNDA Summer Holiday Camps & Childcare accessible to ALL this summer 2021.
Check Eligibility & BOOK NOW
Check if your family is eligible to attend the FUNDA Summer Holiday Camps utilising the governments Holiday Activity & Food Programme (HAF) this Summer.
We've provided lot's of information and frequently asked questions (FAQ's) on our website.
Places are limited at our venues and are booking up fast!
Email: [email protected]
Call: 01282 479 835